Pasta is a way of life. If I didn’t have pasta I might accidentally die. So I will do just about anything to eat pasta everyday. So the other day I made this soup. I just grabbed a couple of things out of the cabinet and threw them together and this soup is what happened. It has carrots, chickpeas, macaroni and vegetable broth. So simple yet so good. If you want more veggies or a different kind of bean you can add or sub out whatever you want.
“Pick Me Up Soup”
* 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
* 1/4 t cayenne pepper, or more to taste
* 1 Can Chickpeas, drained
* 2 Cans of Vegetable Broth
* 6 C Water
* 2 Vegetable Bullion Cubes
* 1 1/2 C Macaroni
1. Bring water, vegetable broth, and bullion cubes to a boil. Add in cayenne pepper.
2. Add sliced carrots, bring back to a boil.
3. Add macaroni and cook until al dente which should be 7-10 minutes.
4. Add chickpeas and let everything simmer for five minutes.
5. Turn off heat and enjoy!
This soup is great if you want something light, healthy, and easy to fix. Much love, Brianna.