I’m one of those crazy people who LOVE their breakfast. I don’t care what it is but it usually needs to involve coffee and something sweet. In this case it was savory. I love my occasional eggs don’t get me wrong but there’s just something about eating that bagel or oatmeal in the morning that I love.
I whipped up this recipe on a snowy Sunday with whatever we had in the vegetable bin and cabinet. I was going to add eggs to it but there was so much in it already that I could’ve used 3 dozen eggs! It’s warm and somewhat comforting and the cayenne pepper adds the perfect kick to it!
Breakfast Potato Hash
* Red Bell Pepper, chopped
* Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
* 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
* Onion, chopped
* 1 Bag Small Golden Potatoes, sliced
* 16oz Black Beans, drained
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1 Tbs Olive Oil
* 20 tortillas, warmed
toppings (optional): ketchup, salsa, hot sauce
1. Chop all peppers, onions and slice the potatoes.
2. Heat skillet with olive oil in it to medium heat.
3. Throw in all chopped veggies, garlic, onion and potatoes.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes until tender. Throw in that cayenne!
5. Serve with warmed tortillas and the toppings of your choice!