As I write this post I’m thinking all things peppermint. December is already upon us and I’m going crazy thinking that this year is almost over. But onto the way these cookies came into play. Honestly….I just threw these cookies together from stuff I had in the cabinet.
These came together when I tried Lay’s new potato chip flavors. You know the competition that that have every year? Where people create out there flavors and such. Well as I tried the new Cappuccino flavor I new I couldn’t take another bite. It just wasn’t meant to be. I had been seeing cookies all over the Internet with potato chips in them so putting these chips in cookies seemed to fit perfectly.
These cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and salty with an added crunch. You can easily use regular potato chips and add in a cappuccino mix considering the Lay’s chips are all out of stock. Enjoy!
Butterscotch Chocolate Cappuccino Potato Chip Cookies
Yields: 32 small cookies |Prep: 15-20 min |Cook time: 10-12 min
* 3/4 C unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
* 3/4 C brown sugar
* 1/4 C granulated sugar
* 1 egg, room temperature
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 C All-Purpose flour
* One 3.5oz Cook&Serve Butterscotch Pudding
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 C Cappuccino Potato Chips
1. In an electric mixer combine the butter, both sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat together at medium speed for 5 minutes, or until combined.
2. Add in pudding and baking soda and beat until well combined.
3. Add flour 1 cup at a time and beat at low speed until well mixed.
4. Add in semi-sweet chocolate chips and cappuccino potato chips.
5. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 350 while the dough is chilling.
7. Take the chilled dough and use a tablespoon to measure cookie dough out onto baking sheets. Repeat until all of the dough is gone.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes and let cool on the baking sheet.
9. Eat with a very yummy cappuccino!
Much love, Brianna.